- 1 lb. dry pinto beans
- 4 oz. ham hock or salt pork
- 3 tablespoons Bolner's Fiesta Brand® Pinto Bean Seasoning
- Water to cover beans
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Bolner's Fiesta Brand® Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 taco shells
- Chopped onions, tomato, lettuce and picante sauce for garnish.
Please read entire recipe before starting
In addition to this kit, you will need to purchase:
- 4 pounds of coarse ground pork, chicken, or beef
- 1 pound of lard
- 6 cups masa flour (about 2 pounds)
Place corn shucks in warm water to soak and soften while preparing other ingredients.
- 4lb coarse ground pork
- meat spice packet
Brown pork and then add spice mix and enough water to cover. Cook until very tender, about 1 hour. Drain broth and save as part of liquid for masa.
- 6 cups Masa flour
- 5 cups water, broth or stock
- masa spice packet
- 1# lard, melted
By hand or in a heavy mixer, blend the masa, liquid and spices well. Continue mixing while adding the melted lard. Be sure all is well mixed. If you want to use prepared wet masa, start with four pounds, and only add the spices and lard.
Stack in large pot with spacer such as aluminum foil, steamer screen or inverted bowl and a few additional shucks to raise tamales off bottom. Add three cups water to pot and steam slowly for 1 hour until ready. Add additional water for steaming if needed. Let cool slightly before eating.
This recipe makes about 5 dozen.
- 6 cups masa flour
- 5 cups water, broth or stock
- 1 packet BOLNER'S FIESTA BRAND TAMALE MASA SEASONING
- 1 lb. lard, melted
Sprinkle any thin steak generously with Fiesta Brand® Tijuana Ole'. Let stand 30 minutes prior to cooking or refrigerate up to 24 hours for maximum flavor development and tenderization. Sear Steak Al Carbon quickly over a hot charcoal fire to seal in juices, then cook until done ( internal temperature of 170 degrees F). Slice meat and place on hot tortillas. Garnish with guacamole and salsa picante.
- 12 lb. Wet Masa (fresh ground corn which can be purchased at a local molino) See note below.
- 4 lb. Pure Lard (8 cups)
- 10 oz. Dried Fiesta Brand Mild Ancho Chili Pods
- (Use New Mexico chili pods for New Mexico flavor)
- 6-6 oz Bags (36 ounces) Fiesta Brand Ultima Leaf by Leaf Corn Shucks
- 2.5 oz. Fiesta Brand Ground Comino
- 2 oz. Fiesta Brand Chili Powder
- 2 oz. Fiesta Brand Paprika
- 4 oz. pkg. Fiesta Brand Fresh Garlic or 4.5 oz Fiesta Chopped Garlic in Oil
- 6 oz. Fiesta Brand Garlic Powder or Granulated Garlic
- 1 oz. Fiesta Brand Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 oz. Fiesta Brand Whole Oregano
- Salt to taste
- MSG to taste
- 6 lb. Coarse Ground Pork
- 3 lb. Coarse Ground Beef
- 1 extra-large mixing bowl
- 2 12-qt. cooking pots or tamale cans with lids
1. Slightly dampen Brisket and rub thoroughly on all sides with generous amount of seasoning.
2. Refrigerate Brisket overnight for full flavor development and tenderization.
3. Bake covered in oven for 6 hours at 225 degrees or barbecue over low fire 8-12 hours until tender.
Note: This seasoning can be used on any kind of meat, poultry or fish.
Brisket 1. Slightly dampen Brisket and rub thoroughly on all sides with generous amount of seasoning. 2. Refrigerate Brisket overnight for full flavor development and tenderization. 3. Bake covered in oven for 6 hours at 225 degrees or barbecue over low fire 8-12 hours until tender. Note: This seasoning can be used on any kind of meat, poultry or fish.
1. Sprinkle fajitas (skirt, flank, thin sirloin, etc.) generously with Fajita Seasoning.
2. Let fajitas stand 30 minutes for flavor development and tenderization (maximum tenderizing occurs when left refrigerated overnight, covered overnight.
3. Sear the fajitas quickly over a hot grill or charcoal fire to seal in the juices, then allow to cook until just done.
4. Slice the meat across the grain. Place on hot flour tortillas. Garnish with guacamole, cheese and picante sauce.
- 1. Heavily season both sides of a 3/4” thick fish fillet with BOLNER’S FIESTA BRAND® GAME FISH SEASONING.
- 2. Broil five minutes (less for thinner fillets) on each side in a lightly oiled pan. Do not overcook.
- 2 oz. butter
- 2 oz. sliced almonds
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon BOLNER’S FIESTA BRAND® GAME FISH SEASONING. Sautee the almonds and the mushrooms in the butter. Add the wine, seasoning and the parsley and simmer five minutes. Serve over the fish.