Classic Italian Red SaucePhillip
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 lb. hamburger meat
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 1/2 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 oz. can whole tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons BOLNER’s FIESTA BRAND ZESTY ITALIAN DELIGHT
Brown the meat in the oil. Add the vegetables and brown them until onions start to clear. Add the tomatoes and the water and bring the sauce to a boil. Simmer 30 mins over medium heat. Add the seasonings and simmer 30 more minutes over low heat.
Use the sauce in any dish requiring Italian Red Sauce (Spaghetti, Lasagna, Pizza, etc) for a very low calorie sauce. Use only 1 teaspoon of oil for browning the vegetables.