Mild Chili SaucePhillip
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons BOLNER’S FIESTA BRAND NEW MEXICO GROUND CHILI
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 2 cloves garlic or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder.
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
Sauté flour in oil over medium heat until brown. Add garlic and chili and cook 1 minute more. This brings out the best chili flavor. Add the water or stock and whisk until smooth. Add salt and simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until all the flavors are blended and sauce is thickened.